Tuesday 5 January 2010

From a baby to a Young Lady!


Well yesterday was my little baby's first day at nursery, we have always known she is very clever and always suprises us with new things she has learnt. I have been on waiting lists for private nurserys for the last 6 months and just before christmas I recieved a phone call saying one of them had a space!! Well the noise that happened when I told her that she would be going to big girl school was amazing, she ran from room to room shouting YAAAAY!! Bless her!!
We arrived at a very cold nursery in the snow and ice to be greeted by the lovely teacher, she gave her a name badge sticker which she immediately pulled off her jumper and put on her head (don't ask!!) Then was too excited to even be bothered about Mummy leaving her behind! I was so proud of her! we picked her up two hours later and my what a little lovely she was! I asked if she had been ok, knowing how evil she can be when she wants to be and the teacher asked if she could have 10 Maddisons instead of some of the other children!! WOW! Needless to say my baby girl is now my Young lady, gone are the dummies, gone is the pushchair, gone is the highchair and baby cot bed! This little lady is almost a proper big girl! Just need to tackle the potty training when outside! although to be fair she is potty trained in the house!

Anyway enough rambling, time to blog a picture or 2.

The fight of trying to get an excited Maddison ready for nursery, as I turned my back she has put on her socks and her new peppa pig bag and claimed she was ready for big girl school!


Finally ready and raring to go!!

8 comments:

Liberty :) said...

Ahh that is lovely well done Maddison!

leia said...

Aww how cute! Bless her wanting to go to school in just socks, nappy & bag lol x

Wendy said...

aww thats so sweet, was a long time ago my daughter went, I remember the tears well tho. x

Sarah said...

What fab photos and a gorgeous story, you must be so, so proud of her!!!

Anonymous said...

What a little star. Love the socks and rucksack - well what else does a girl need ??? (one for the paper in 16 years time methinks - tee hee)

K said...

That is brilliant! Well done Mads!!!
I was taking rubbish out the other day while Kai was running round naked (as per usual), I came back in to find he'd put his wellies on, his brothers scarf and my hat & proclaimed he was ready to go out in the garden!! Made a very funny photo

Pink Sherbert said...

Awww that's so lovely, it brought a lump to my throat. Well done Maddison x

Maria (mumhug) said...

Very cute xx what a transformation !!