Monday 24 May 2010

Maddison's birthday cards

Well what can I say, apart from where has the last nearly 3 years of my life gone, she is growing up oh so fast and rapidly turning into a very beautiful little lady.




Well this little princess who I swore would never wear pink (how wrong was I) is finally proving me right, when asked what party she wanted, she asked for a Go Diego party, so that is what this beauty will have.

I struggled with the cards mainly cause I printed off the images, you will see that on one of the pictures below I had to re colour him in, so used shades on various parts of his body and clothing to get the colours just perfect!



So here goes ..... this one is from Mummy and Daddy



Then I just had to make her other favourite from her brother, which I printed out twice and managed to decoupage parts of this




Again I re coloured in promarkers. I was itching to come up with a lovely sentiment but ended up sticking a craftwork cards one on cause I just can't think straight about it!



Am I happy with overall results? yes apart from the rubbish sentiment on the orange backpack but hey she is 3, she can't read and at least I made an effort!! they may not be perfect or pink but I spent hours on these and she will love them and probably sleep with them under her pillow like she does with her home made invites which daddy made for her!

Papers used are all DCWV safari kids ... spensive papers!! I love them!

I would like to enter my top card (one with Diego and baby Jaguar) into the following challenges if I may please.

C.R.A.F.T. - Blogaversary - celebrate/birthday - My pretty girl is only 3 once!
Stamp something - 2 of something - I used 2 different papers.
Sew Many Challenges - Anything goes
One Stitch at a time - Furry friends - Baby Jaguar is Diegos best friend, and he is very cute and furry and also a nice jaguar! does this count?
Charisma Card - #20 - 3D! - Diego is flat onto a silvery card, then used 3d foam pads to raise the image onto the papers. Also on my second card I did some home made decoupage so thats 3d aswell!

33 comments:

hassy said...

Gorgeous cards.. love 'em... the background papers are perfect for them, Missy will love them... :D Christine x

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely cards
xx

Crafty JuJu said...

Gorgeous cards, my Emily has just seen them & loves them, she keeps saysing 'go,go,go' :D lol x Love your photos too, saw them all on FB last night :) x

Kandi said...

The cards are brilliant, but the pic of Maddison is just beautiful, really natural!
Kandi x

dragonllew said...

that look fab Aimee is sitting here with me and thinks they are brill and that maddison is lucky cause she would like dieago party too.

Nettie (aka nuttienettie) said...

Brilliant cards, you're being too hard on yourself sentiment is gr8, Lovley photos on FB too. x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Lovely cards - I'm sure Maddison will adore them. Hope she has a great party. x

~Jeri~ said...

Maddison is a doll!!! I hope she has a great party!!! Your cards are adorable!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!!

Sandy O said...

I loved reading our post, and the chuckle about the sentiment! Mu Gosh, that image is just the CUTEST and you did a fabulous job coloring it. How sweet is it that she sleeps with thing close to her heart under her pillow :o)

It is wonderful to have you join us this week at Sew Many Cards Challenge.

Sarah said...

What brilliant cards, Maddison is going to be thrilled when she opens them. I have a lil Dora and Diego fan here too xxx

Karen said...

Aww how gorgeous is your little girl, she is sooo cute. Your cards are FAB!! Brilliant ideas xx

carol said...

love your cards, great colours used, oh and you do have a lovely princess, hope she enjoys her day. thanks for sharing with us at SMC x carol

Marg said...

Absolutely fantastic - I'm sure she'll love them x

Unknown said...

Aww im sure she will love them! They grow so quick i agree, hope she has a great day! xx

Susan (aka TomsMom) said...

Beautiful photo and lovely cards.

Unknown said...

Both Fabulous makes I'm sure she will love them, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT and hope to see you again soon Good Luck
Sarah xx

coldwaters2 said...

Two fabulous card the images and your design are great thank you for sharing them with us at SMC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tammy said...

Oh these are just adorable..So kid friendly. Great job!
Thanks for playing this week over at OSAAT this week. Smiles...Tammy

kim.mom said...

How fun! They are going to love them! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Fabulous cards! I need to snag that Diego image...my niece turned 3 today and is INFATUATED with Diego! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp Something this week! And Happy Birthday to your little one!

Janna :)

Sam said...

Oh hunny of course it counts and i think you have done a fabulous job on both cards and your little girl is just beautiful too. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT this week. Good luck in the other challenges too.
Sam x

cheryl said...

oh wow hun love this its really gorjus love the papers,you have used cute image too thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxx
your little girl is beautiful x

thread-bare said...

Brilliant cards & I am sure they will be adored by your beautiful little girl. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT this week xx Clare (DT) x

Tammy said...

LOL I remember those days! You did a great job on both cards. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. She is a beautiful young girl!

Anita said...

These are just so cute. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sew Many Cards. Hugs, Anita

Queen La Rubba said...

Both cards are just wonderful! Love the one with the boy jump'n with the baby leopard/cheetah (?). So well done! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sew Many Cards Challenge Spot“! I look forward to seeing more of your FABULOUS CRAFTY WORK in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Perfect birthday cards! Love the images and the 3D accents. Thanks for sharing your work at Stamp Something! Hope to see you back again next week! :)

Leanne said...

Great card!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

Leanne xx

Mad-Frog said...

Aww great photo and lovely cards

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What fun cards! Cute! CUTE!

Thank you for participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

stitchy said...

Rusty, I just have to know, did Madison sleep with them adorable cards under her pillow lol..OMG your daughter is just beautiful..thank you so much for sharing her special day and your awesome talent with us at OSAAT - hope to see you again - good luck

stitchy xoxox

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Both cards are FAB, and I hope your little princess was thrilled with them, she looks so adorable! Thanks very much for joining in with our Furry Friends challenge at OSAAT, don't forget to check back tomorrow for the new challenge, and good luck in the draw :D

PepPop said...

Brilliant pic and great cards. Jaqui x