Sunday 9 January 2011

Card for Daddy!

It's nearly Pauls birthday, and the children always give him a card each, so I wanted to make a special card for him. I bought this image from Pollycraft ages ago as I wanted to use it for a card for him last year but never got round to it. My son has claimed this card to give to his Daddy. My daughter has chosen a House Mouse image which is still a work in progress.

Anyway, this card has frustrated the life out of me, I have been desperate to make a card like this and my first attempt which you may remember seeing here didn't work out well and promptly went in the bin!

This time I used my brain, and made myself a little template which was the perfect size for the card blanks I use ...


I coloured Fluffy in using just copics, and glittered up his tummy and horns


added a couple of printed sentiments using Microsoft word and a new font from Dafont.com and put it all together!



Now I will give you all a good giggle ... in all of the excitement of a nice looking card and having finally made it perfect, I stuck on my fully glittered pretty looking Fluffy ... and then stood the card up .... 

Shock .... Horror ... 

I had stuck fluffy on the wrong way so my card opened backwards! I was absolutely gutted, and had to walk away from my craft dining room table. I then went back later on and managed to cut around the papers and restuck it on the right way on a new card blank!! So after using my brains and working out the dimensions to get it all right and perfect, I then screwed up! LOL Paul got the brunt of it yesterday in emails bless him, he knew I was making his birthday card and he had a good old chuckle at my stupidity!

Papers - Pink Petticoat Teal (New)
Image - Fluffy - Pollycraft (Old)
Sentiment - Made myself
Nesties - Lacy Squares

Back tomorrow with some more crafting loveliness!

I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:
Crafty Purple Frog - New
Creative Cottage - Something New
Bunny Zoe's - Sparkle & Shine
Woodware USA - Something New
Moving Along With The Times - Old/New
Sarah Hurley - New beginnings
M.A.W.T.T - Ring out the old Ring in the new

22 comments:

dragonllew said...

Oh I love it Tams the colour is fab.

K said...

It looks lovely Tams, & theres no way you can tell that you made a lil mistake .... its one I think most of us have made at some point, I know I have a few times.

Have put up dimensions to the box of goodies here for you

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Brilliant - love it! LOL at the "mini disaster" it sounds just like something I would do, at least you sucessfully rescued it. x

Mary J said...

LOL!! You poor honey, Tams! I made a card yesterday and picked up off my craft table to photograph it and it had a ton of black ink on the front! I had to do some surgery too, lol!

I love your fun card - that shade of blue is gorgeous!

Marg said...

Fab card Tams - I love the clean style and the colour is just great. Think we've all had similar disasters. x

Addams said...

Lovely card, what a great image!

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Oh Tams, that's exactly the sort of thing I usually end up doing!!! We all have our mishaps! Your card is gorgeous though, lovely colours and great design! I'm sure Paul will love it! x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh Tams - i do that sort of thing too lol.. too eager ..
I love the colour of this card and that monster is fab .. reminds me of Montsers Inc.
Paul will love it
Thanks for joining us at Sarah hurley and MAWTT
Lisa ;)

Ali said...

Lovely, the colours are fab and the image is a cutie too xx

Pami said...

I do that all the time Tams!! The card looks fabulous, I love the glittery tummy!! Hope you have had a good weekend. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT. Pami x

Sarah said...

It's just gorgeous, I love the colours and all the whiteness. I too have stuck things on the wrong way :-(

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable!! Thanks for playing along with the Woodware USA "Something New" Challenge!

Anita said...

Ack! Sounds like something I would do Tams ... actually, I have attached my images upside down on the front of my cards several times lol! But, your card turned out beautifully! That's such a cute image and I'm sure he will love it!

Whimsey said...

Its fabulous...sorry for the trouble of getting to the end, but Paul will love it!!! LOVE the colors and that monster is SO DARN CUTE!!!

Karen said...

Tams that perfect!! I love the colours and it looks sooo clean and bright. Paul will be over the moon xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet. What a cute wee Monster. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT Hazelxoxo

craftygranny said...

Love the colours and the fluffy monster. brilliant.

Faye said...

Wow, this card is awesome. Thanks for playing at Cupcake! x

Patsi said...

great card, amazing colours. Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley this week. Patsi xx

The Crafty Den said...

What a brilliant card. I love the cute image and the colour scheme is stunning. Sorry but your disaster sorry made me chuckle - we've all been there :) Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Mandi said...

Ive done that before
Great card
Thanks for entering it into our challenge at Creative Cottage

Lynsey said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
Hugs Lynsey x