Thursday 10 February 2011

iPod valentines treat with blood, sweat and tears!!

Well you see the title, well I made this iPod box for Paul based on this idea however being americal they just used candy, and I had to make it into a box ... 

I literally put blood, sweat and tears (ok so not the sweat) but blood and tears .... here is the outcome



Yes I managed to slice off my fingertip with my scalpel whilst crafting, thing is, that I only changed the blade on it yesterday, so it was nice and sharp ready to slice into me!! Grrr!  I won't show you the graphic photos of all of the blood everywhere, my lovely MIL came to the rescue and managed to dress it properly for me!! 

Anyway onto the iPod, I added my own songs to the template and printed them off, then made up a box which was small enough to look life like, but big enough to hold an iTunes voucher for him. I added some red and white bakers twing for the wire, and taped on a role on the end of each piece for the headphones! (cooh eh!) 

Sealed up

Now with Paul working away during the week, we are planning to make a meal together on Saturday night, and I will decorate the table etc etc, so I made up a little pale of sweets, just for a little something extra, and I have bought him a Blu Ray disc aswell! 


Tha Bucket (Pail) came from hobbycraft and was 89p, I filled it with Silver heart Dragees (wedding favour) and lindt lindor eggs, but it looked a little plain, so I added some flowers to the handle (knowing that these can be removed afterwards and reused!)


Well thats it for me today, mainly because I am struggling to type, I never realized how much I typed with my little fingers on both hands!! whoops!


12 comments:

Mary J said...

OUCH! Tams you poor thing honey! I sliced my little finger the other day with the edge of one of my Nesties! Blood all over my card, had to start again, lol!!! didn't require bandaging though!

I love your ipod - so sweet!! And the little pot of goodies - yum!!!

melissa75 said...

Ahhh - your poor little finger!!! The box and bucket look fab though - you are a thoughtful OH!! Those lindor eggs are my favourite!

Lisa Jane said...

oh goodness Tams - the things we do for love .. but your project is fabulous -Paul will love it .. and all the treats in the pail
Lisa xx

Marg said...

What a good idea! Were they your last Rolo's?

Addams said...

Great makes, love the ipod!

dragonllew said...

love the Ipod sorry about your finger those blades are so sharp

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!! :(
Glad you managed to stop it bleeding Tams. It's 'funny', I did mine after I changed the blade... I didn't change it again for ages afterward thinking I'd do it again... made me feel sick. Hope it feels better soon.
Love the i-pod with the voucher inside and I used little buckets for my wedding favours as they were farm themed :)
x

Karen said...

Oh poor you! good job your MIL was able to help you get a dressing on. I'm no good with blood..... Fab Ipod and brilliant pressie for Paul. Love the bucket of sweeties, I don't mind being chief taster :) Hope you have a lovely evening together xxx

Uma said...

fabulous creation, hope your finger feels better

Pami said...

Tams you poor thing! Hope its not too bad now! I cut a chunk out of my finger the other day with my scissors but not as bad as you!! I LOVE both your projects Tams, the ipod is a fantastic idea! Pami x

Whimsey said...

Oh your project is adorable; love it! BUT let's talk about your finger? Poor thing you; I am so sorry! Hope it heals quickly. Hugs!!!

Sarah said...

What a fab box, Paul is going to love it! Also love the pail, your plans sound fab. So sorry about your poor finger xxx