Friday 11 March 2011

Sarah Hurley DT - Flowers

Evening all, look at me posting twice on one week!! ... whatever next! 

I am here to show you my first ever project as a DT member for Sarah Hurley Challenges and this week we have a theme of Flowers!

Pretty self explanatory, but we would like to see you use flowers somewhere on your project and you have a whole 10 days to enter! 
Now with me being highly drugged and limited on time due to how long crafting takes me then I opted for something fairly simple. I used some pretty cupcake papers from Sarah Hurley, and made them into a quilled flower using my new die.Added a large red pearl to the centre (coloured with a copic as I couldn't find the right shade!) 



 I used a bit of old cardboard box to give it some dimension and added some cupcake ribbon! 


What do you think? 

Please hop on over to the challenge blog and join in with the fun, and have a look at my teamies projects! 


P.S just a quick update, I have been told I need surgery, I have also been told that I will need to wait 17 weeks for it .... not likely! I will fight ! 

12 comments:

Anita said...

Tams, this is beautiful. I love that flower and the swirl is so pretty too.

Lisa Jane said...

Well i am sure the Ladybugs will come and fight with you lol.. tell em you will send the gang round if they don't bring it forward !
Love that flower its gorgeous .. and a bit of recycling always goes down well
Fab Tams
lisa x

cowboydutrem said...

Such a beautiful flower! Which die did you use?

Mary J said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Adorable - wanna send it to me?!! :)

Nag them for an earlier date honey!

Fifi Folle said...

Love that flower & it looks great on the tag. x

Whimsey said...

Beautimous flower; just beautimous.

On those that say 17 weeks - HMPH to dat nonsense!!!

pinky said...

Doesn't look simple to me Tams, that flower is just beautiful, very eye catching:)

dragonllew said...

This is gorgous hun

Kerry said...

This is flabulous Tams...love that flower and the colours. Just had a thought..you can do a tutorial on colouring pearls with Copics!!!! xx

Louise said...

This is just gorgeous Tams - even more so as you're not 100% at the moment. 17 weeks is absolutely farcical - hope you can get fight and get it brought forward but it shouldn't be this way!

Addams said...

This looks brilliant, that flower is gorgeous!

Mad-Frog said...

Beautiful, that flower is gorgeous