Wednesday 14 September 2011

My sons birthday ...

My son will be 9 this friday, now whilst he is lovely and adorable (I am sure he wont like me calling him that) he is also bloomin awkward and so hard to buy for, he loved lego and magnetix with the odd video game thrown in there but anything else and he just doesn't play with it. So needless to say we have more lego in this house than legoland!! 

I wanted to create cards for him which were fairly grown up, as he is no longer little and whilst sometimes I could get away with a younger image I felt I should try and go for older images. I managed this for the first card, which I absolutely love how it has turned out. 


Image - Mo manning, papers - MME, border - Dienamics die, sentiments - Rub ons. 

Then for the 2nd card which is from my Dad and stepmum I wanted similar colours (his fav colour is red!) I used another Mo manning image but in hindsight it is possibly a little young. 
Not 100% happy with this one, but I know he will like it! 


No you are not seeing things, I mounted everything wonky, all of the matting and also when I popped it on the card blank, I think it gives it a different look and I like that bit! 

Then last but not least, I started making a card for Maddison to give to her brother, but she then told me I wasn't allowed cause she wanted to make him a monster card (apparently because he is a monster!) So I printed out Fluffy from pollycraft and used him as a template. She did everything apart from cutting around the image and just adding a few lines to him. She used punched out bits of first edition papers and had so much fun! I am so proud of her!  she added some liquid pearl stuff to his tummy, horns, and then painted his nails!!! lol 



9 comments:

Mad-Frog said...

Great cards, I love fluffy no wonder you are proud... well done Maddison

Marg said...

Should be one very happy 9 year old on Friday morning Tams they are all super cards x

Lisa Jane said...

oh he will love all his cards .. they are fabuous .. especially the monster .. i love his belly lol
Lisax

Paula said...

Oh wow all your cards are fabulous!! I find it really hard to make boys birthday cards i struggle for ideas, yours are brilliant!! Paula :)

Sarah said...

Fab cards Tams, I love Fluffy, he is gorgeous xxx

dragonllew said...

Fab cards and I love Fluffy

Pami said...

OMG, how cute are these! The monster is just fabulous!! I love the layout on your first card and the combination of colours! Pami x

June Nelson said...

Wow these are all brilliant, I do love mos images, I dont do many male cards!! yours are great love and hugies June xx

Mary J said...

Happy birthday to your sweetie, Tams! I love your two cards - brilliant use of the papers!

Fluffy is sooo cute, I wanna cuddle him!