Thursday 19 January 2012

Birthday Cake Easel!! Papercuts Samples!

Morning all! Hope you are all having a good week, as promised I am back and sharing something FAB! I was asked by Jo-Ann and Shirley to make up a sample or 2 using the new Papermania Portabello Road papers, and I still have one which is a WIP but this is all finished and proudly on display in the shop!! It took me lots of hours (about 4 in total) mainly because I converted all of the instructions into CM so I could work easier myself (Maths is not my strong point!) So using these instructions here, and my trusty spreadsheet for conversion I set to .... and here is the finished Cake easel! 

Tip of the day .... or at least for making this card ... use a cropodile rather than a normal stationers hole punch, reason being a cropodile on its biggest setting will leave the perfect hole for the candles, a normal hand hole punch is actually bigger and the candles then dont sit flush and wobble around lots! 





So what do you think? 

I would like to enter this into the following challenge:


10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I think its fab! I love the papers
Lisa x

dragonllew said...

Fantastic card Tam's I keep thinking about making one of these Thanks for joining us at S J Craft's this month.
Jenny x

S J CRAFTS said...

Wow!! This is stunning - so different!! Thanks so much for joining in the S J Crafts Challenge this month! x

Lisa-Jane said...

Good grief, I've never seen anything like this! I love the design and I love those papers. Well done on entering the challenge with us at S J Crafts.

Jennifer Grace said...

That's so fun and original! Brilliant choice of papers. You can really see the work you've put into the whole thing. Thanks for joining in with the challenge! x

Lou said...

oh wow, an amazing card! You must have some patience I think I'd have given up after an hour lol!

Kerry said...

What do I think? I think Lisa has some competition lol!!! This is fabulicous Tams..well done you for converting measurements and all. Love the colours xx

pinky said...

Well its just brilliant and thanks for the tip:) Glad to see you have your commenting fixed lol.

Diane's Card Designs said...

Whhat a wonderful project. Love the papers and detail.
Diane xx

Sally said...

Love this Tams, just fab. Love the papers too.
Hugs Sally xxx