Tuesday 23 April 2013

Totally Ladybug Tuesday - St Georges Day - Red & White

Time for another Totally Ladybug Tuesday! This week Lisa challenged us to celebrate St Georges day and show off our colours 


This was going to be tricky, with no printer to print off digi papers as I dont have anything in those colours in my stash (No not even red ribbon!) I stuck to simple embossing on red card stock and ordered up some ribbon from ebay. I used Cupcake Ruby, coloured her with copics, added some glitter and a small heart gem. 



The picture doesnt show off the shading on her dress to well but I promise in real life it looks nicer! 

Hop on over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the teams inspiration and join in the challenge

Embossing folder - Stampin Up!
Punched border - MS punch
Ribbon - Ebay
Dies - Go Kreate
Copic - Reds - R29, R27, R24, R22

4 comments:

Kerry said...

When my laptop was in for repair recently I had to get out my stamps and inkpad and went back to basics too...it was great to get back to my first love :-D You've used my favourite embossing folder!!! It looks great behind Cupcake Ruby...you've coloured her dress beautifully. xx ps you do know red is just a deep shade of pink right???

Lisa Jane said...

well i love the card without papers... the embossed card is perfect ... and why didn;t think of using Ruby for a red card lol.. perfect!
lisa

Whimsey said...

Very pretty - love the shape you've used for the main image. Love the polka dot ribbon over the white punched border; elegant!

Alison Scott said...

Isn't she sweet, need to dig her out again.